Monday, October 9, 2017

Summer Book Report


So I actually don't have quite as long of a list of Summer Reads as I had hoped to. A few abandoned books definitely found their way into rotation and I just ended up reading a little less than I had thought. BUT that being said, I read some real gems this summer- some of the best books I've read all year, and I wanted to share a little round up with you today of what I did manage to read.

So, here goes:


Present Over Perfect // Shauna Niequest
This has been on my TBR list for what feels like ages and ages (it only came out last summer...) When I saw it was a pick for the Solly Baby book club, I was reminded of it and am so glad I was! It was a perfectly timely read for me. I mistakenly thought going in that this topic was one I had already wrestled with and had a handle on- NOPE. Still so much to learn. This book was written with so much wisdom and grace- I cried my way through and will definitely be picking it up for a re-read in the not too distant future.

Murder on the Orient Express // Agatha Christie
Our book club summer read. I breezed through this in 3 days and really enjoyed it. I didn't have much prior experience with Agatha Christie and after reading this, I'd love to pick up a few more titles.

Wonder // RJ Palacio
Another book club pick. Wow you guys- this book. Not only is it a great story well told, but it's also a great conversation starter (and would be an excellent book to read with kids, or to discuss with them...) This is the sort of perspective-giving book that can really make a difference. 

Big Magic // Elizabeth Gilbert
So I basically highlighted and bookmarked and dogeared my way through this entire book. So much good stuff- this is the sort of book that makes me wish I still kept a physical quote book so that I could jot down all the wisdom I gained from it! 

Yes Please // Amy Pohler 
A bit of a bonus pick, I read through this quick, fun read while in Berlin. I wouldn't say it was the greatest book I've ever read (not even my favorite comedian/celebrity memoir) but I did enjoy it and appreciated Pohler's perspective at several points throughout. 

So that's a wrap. I am ALL about Fall reading and closing off this year of books strong. I'm on track with all my reading goals for the year and have a few picks for the next few months that I'm really excited about (I'm currently reading the books in the photo above) How about you, fellow bookworms? How's your reading life these days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment